Monday 19 May 2014

20/52


"A portrait of my child, once a week, every week, in 2014."

Afon: in Gradnfather and Nana's garden, he's found a brilliant new "hat."

Still fascinated with hats.  Anything he can balance on his head is a hat to him.  He's filled out a lot, and I don' t know if this is a case of his height having yet to catch up with him, enjoying his father's junk food, or genetics: he has my plump Hispanic genes on the one side, and the hefty Irish docker's on the other.  Regardless, I'm determined not to make a deal of it, now or ever.

May brought warmth and sunshine, more summer than late spring, and we've spent more time outside than in the past few days.  Another weekday excursion to Conway castle seems in order.  And a train ride into the mountains.  And a visit with the cousins who live on the seashore in Anglesy.  I can't wait!


2 comments:

  1. If his dad's Irish, how did you all end up in Wales?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just now saw this comment! His paternal grandfather is English and his paternal grandmother is Irish. They met in Canada on a mission and settled in Wales because they had cousins here. My husband was born and raised in Wales and speaks the language.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...