Thursday 27 August 2015

3 Steps to Getting a Good Start on the Day

I wrote a little while ago about what you can do to have a spontaneous, beautiful week, but the same things that enrich the week aren't exactly the same things that enliven the day.  After giving it some thought, these are the three things I've determined I must do to have a good start on the day.

(And having a good start to the day is so important because if the day starts well it'll probably stay well. . .)


You laugh.  You shouldn't.  It's so obvious and so hard to do.


By that I mostly mean the internet.  The internet is lethal.

(Sorry, Facebook.  You'll have to wait.)

I can come to it later in the day, after I've got started and feel my self-esteem and sense of well-being spike because of already Being Productive.

Because if you had a magic elixir that made you calmer and clearer and the world sunnier and altogether more easy to tackle, why wouldn't you drink it???


∆∆∆

Okay, now you.  What do you do to ensure you get a good start to the day?  (Because I won't be obsessively checking back for your answers.  Um, no way!)

13 comments:

  1. Coffee! Coffee! ..and neatening the house before bed the night before. I hate messy houses in the morning. Mine is messy this morning, with tons of dishes. But I have coffee..so that's good.

    And morning prayer. That really does make for a better day...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm terrible at remember morning prayer; it wasn't something we did growing up, like bedtime prayers. John is really good at it, though!

      Delete
  2. Hahahahahahaha! Best post EVER. I will have to think about it though! It's 6:30 and I am on the internet. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahahahahaha! Best post EVER. I will have to think about it though! It's 6:30 and I am on the internet. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're always super productive still. The internet has no power over you!

      Delete
  4. 1. No
    2. No
    3. Yes

    * We have 1 in common.....coffee!
    P.S. You are more disciplined them I am!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. No
    2. No
    3. Yes

    * We have 1 in common.....coffee!
    P.S. You are more disciplined them I am!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1. No
    2. No
    3. Yes

    * We have 1 in common.....coffee!
    P.S. You are more disciplined them I am!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did. I've had to find sometime that revs me up in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did. I've had to find sometime that revs me up in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with your 3 things (and do them all) and add one that really helps me: walk the dog early in the morning. Somehow walking through nature really helps get me ready for whatever the day may demand!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to walk early in the morning but because I don't get very much sleep I like to sleep in . . . and then it takes me even longer to "get started" because I get showered, fed, and dressed after walking!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...