Tuesday 18 August 2015

#5Faves: In my makeup bag

I'm not a makeup expert, but I love playing with new products, and there are a few things that I've been dying to tell you about; plus a few that are just my daily staples.  Put them all together and you have . . . my five faves--in my makeup bag!
Untitled #3
Clockwise from far left:

Maybelline Fit Me Foundation


Water-based caught my attention, and I've been using it for over two years now.  I like that it's light, and if you look closely at the pic, it's dewy and smooth, which is good for skin with a tendency to get dry, and also if you like a bit of a luminous look.  Which I do.

I also like that once you've got your color picked out, you can coordinate with powder, concealer, etc.

Maybelline Blushed Nudes palette


You guys!  You can get up to 9 different combinations of eyeshadow with this palette--that's one for every day of the week and two evening looks for Friday and Saturday night.  (Let's just pretend I can still get a night out every once in a while.) 15 different looks!  I had to recount.  Dang, that's a fortnight!

There is a regular Nudes palette, but I feel like too much browns and purples give me a dirty-around-the-eyes look, maybe because of my olive complexion.  Anyway, I've not tested this theory, but I think this palette would look good on just about everyone.  The "nudes" part means they're subtle enough that they look great on various colorings and also that you don't have to worry about pinpoint precision when applying it.

If you try this one, let me know how you like it--or better yet, take a picture, and we can compare notes!

Covergirl Lipstick in Eternal


For something fun and bold that isn't red; don't get me wrong, red is fabulous, but even this pink-despising girl feels pretty in this pink-with-blue-undertones.

Ecotools


Affordable but quality makeup application and grooming tools that come in a pretty pouch.  They're pretty pretty themselves.  I do appreciate the "natural" wood look on tools.  It makes less, I don't know, tool-y.

MAC Paint Pot in Bare Study


Going on ten years use of this.  I've tried other colors, but I always come back to this one.  It's light and shimmery on it's own or builds beautiful color with other eyeshadows.  Hint: I also use it as a subtle highlighter.

Linking up with Jenna for Five Favorites!

2 comments:

  1. love the blushed nudes! reminds me of the naked palettes from Urban Decay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good! Because I can't afford Urban Decay but that doesn't mean I don't want it! ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...