Wednesday 25 November 2015

#5Faves: Christmas Wishlist

I've never "done" Black Friday.  The concept sort of horrifies me.  Anticipating a closed, crowded environment, waiting in long lines would ruin the take-it-slow family holiday immediately preceding it.

But Cyber Monday?  Yeah, I can get behind that.  ;)

I like the phrase something you want, something you need, something to wear, something to read.  Here's what's on my wish list for Christmas.  Maybe you'll find something you like, too!

-- one --

I adore this poem by William Carlos Williams and have even gotten to teach it to my pupils during my tutoring days.  Poetry + Courier font + tea towel.   Definite WANT.

-- two --



That they're popular right now makes my folky heart glad.  WANT.

-- three --


I've held off buying a planner for a month or two because it just doesn't make sense to with so little time left in the year.  This 2016 diary from Paperchase is called Nordic Nights, and there's a whole series of this motif with some really useful stuff, such as a glasses case and ear buds.  NEED.

-- four --
Would I like the color combination of gray and mustard yellow if it weren't in right now?  I wonder, but knit mittens from People Tree might be a must any day now if I don't get around to crocheting myself the fingerless gloves I've been planning.  Perfect to WEAR.

-- five --


I had a look into this book at W.H. Smith; it hits the the perfect harmony of humorous and profound.  If I weren't mortified at the idea of taking apart a book (any book), I would frame them for the nonexistent children's room.  As a coffee table book, it's a more than delightful READ.


Linking up with Big White Farmhouse for Five Favorites!

3 comments:

  1. I am the same way about Black Friday. I'd much prefer to stay in my pajamas with my family than brave the cold and crowds. And oh my gosh, that planner is beautiful! Thanks so much for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely finds! I too prefer to stay at home and start making Christmas presents, listening to holiday music and watching Christmas movies. I also love that "something you want" phrase!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great shot! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...