Monday 30 November 2015

Your Face Should Be on a Christmas Card

In years past I've meticulously coordinated an outfit for Afon, selected a location, and taken dozens of  pictures of him until I was satisfied I'd something "fit" for a Christmas card.

Last year I didn't even send out cards.

This year I'm hoping to land somewhere in-between.  I had some matching-but-not-too-matching clothes in mind for Afon and Roan, and even something for me if, wonder of wonders, we were able to get someone to take a picture with all of us in it!  But the weather has been absolutely dreadful, with rain and wind I've not seen this side of a hurricane.  So when the boys were dressed for church yesterday, I hustled them outside and into the back garden to snap some pictures.  We only missed the bus and were  horrendously late for Mass.




Eh.  Good enough.



And with a little magic in Picmonkey, not bad, I say.

I'd print this out on card stock myself and save a kenning, but our printer is rubbish.  And there's always TinyPrints.

I don't send out a lot of personalized cards, as they are liable to be thrown away, but I always try to get some printed for the immediate family as keepsakes.  And I send tidings of joy with pretty, inexpensive or homemade cards to the rest of the gang.

Do you do family photos at Christmastime?  Do you bother sending them with cards?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...